AJA KONA-IP-S02 IP Video/Audio I/O card
8-Lane PCIe 2.0, 2x 10 GigE SFP cages, HDMI monitoring output, Reference/LTC input
The AJA KONA-IP-S02 IP Video/Audio I/O card brings all of the expertise, power, quality, and reliability behind the KONA product line, to the world of Video over IP for 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD workflows.
KONA IP offers a tremendously flexible video and audio I/O platform with support for up to 4K/UltraHD with SMPTE ST 2110, support for up to 2K/HD with 2022-6, the ability to take advantage of 2022-7 redundancy for high availability architectures, and an option for compressed TR-01 JPEG 2000 workflows, KONA IP ensures you have all the tools you need to succeed as the prevalence of video over IP increases.
On the desktop, KONA IP seamlessly supports Apple® FCPX, Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC, Avid® Media Composer®, AJA Control Room and other leading editorial, effects and production tools. For creative users the experience of using favored applications remains unchanged, with some differences only in setting up for capture or output with the same AJA Control Panel creative users are used to.
For developers, the same AJA SDK used for SDI and HDMI devices is also used for KONA IP, meaning zero delay in writing applications and creating systems with this powerful PCIe capture and output card.
And for any critical/enterprise scale media production installations, the additional peace of mind that comes with a 3-year warranty, advance replacement and support via phone is standard with all KONA cards.
KONA IP is a flexible platform supporting SMPTE 2022-6 IP standards and via future firmware updates and codec package offerings, will also support compressed codecs like J2K and advanced IP protocols including VSF TR-04, VSF TR-03 and more.
10 GigE Connectivity
KONA IP provides two SFP cages compatible with 10 GigE SFP transceiver modules from leading third party* providers for easy integration into IP pipelines.
Broadcast IP is here. Transition seamlessly with KONA IP.
The AJA KONA-IP-S02 is designed to fit into either hybrid or all-IP infrastructures, while bridging that familiar KONA experience that professionals rely on for critical work, into Video over IP workflows.
KONA IP offers SMPTE ST 2110, SMPTE 2022-6/7 uncompressed IP video standards, including network redundancy/Hitless Switching for transmission, as well as optional JPEG 2000 support.
KONA IP supports leading NLE, Compositing and Streaming applications via our industry best plug-ins, plus the AJA software tools you rely on including AJA Control Room and AJA Control Panel.
Your transition to IP pipelines with KONA IP is supported by leading NLE, Compositing and Streaming applications and utilizes the same AJA software tools you know and love like AJA Control Room™, AJA Control Panel and AJA plug-ins for third party software.
- Supports HD ingest and output at frame rates up to 50/60 fps
- 2 x 10 GigE SFP connections for Multi-Channel input and/or output
- HDMI 1.4 output for local monitoring with 8-Channel audio
- 16-Channel 48kHz 24-bit embedded audio
- Mac, Windows and Linux support via AJA’s Developer SDK
- 8-lane PCIe 2.0 video and audio desktop I/O card
- Supports 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 workflows
- Reference/LTC Input
- Supported on Windows and Linux
- Software support within AJA Control Room and Control Panel
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080i 25, 29.97
• (HD) 720P 50, 59.94, 60 • (SD) 625i 25
• (SD) 525i 29.97 Audio Input Digital
• 16-Channel SDI embedded audio, 24-bit per channel, 48 kHz synchronous Media Transport Interface for 2022-6
• 2 x SFP+ Cages - SFPs not included
• Recommended SFP modules: Finisar’s FTLX1471D3BCL and Avago AFBR-709SMZ
Video Output Digital
• HDMI v1.4
• 30/36 bits/pixel, RGB or YUV, 2.25 Gbps
• UltraHD with HFR support up to 60p 4:2:0 8-bit
• 2K/HD/SD Downstream Keyer
• Supports graphics with alpha channel over video, matte or framebuffer, or framebuffer content over incoming video or matte Reference and LTC I/O
• 1 x BNC assignable to reference video or LTC input
• Analog color black (1V) or composite sync (2 or 4V)
• Nonterminating User Interface
• 8-lane PCIe 2.0 Size (w x d x h)
• 0.75” x 8.25” x 5” (19.05mm x 209.55mm x 127mm)
Weight • 0.7 lb (0.4 kg) Power
• 25W typical, 27W maximum Environment
• Safe Operating Temperature Range: 0 to 40C (32F to 104F)
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)