Kinoflo SYS-FT44U Freestyle 4 LED
The Kinoflo SYS-FT44U Freestyle 4 LED displays Kino Flo’s True Match white light and RGBWW color management system found in Kino Flo’s LED lighting fixtures.
The Kinoflo SYS-FT44U Freestyle 4 LED displays Kino Flo’s True Match white light and RGBWW color management system found in Kino Flo’s LED lighting fixtures. The tubes are 4ft (1.2m). On camera, FreeStyle LED tubes photograph with the same softness, the same subtle color reproduction as Kino Flo’s award-winning T12 high-output lamps. In addition to the >95 photo rendering index, cinematographers will see the difference the 310° LED tube makes when operated in a fixture or out of the fixture as a remote “sabre” of light. Paired with the FreeStyle T44 fixture’s light intensifying reflector, the tube projects soft light forward at a 100° beam angle at about the same light levels you’d get from a 1000W tungsten softlight
FreeStyle 4 LED Design
- Remote fixture with built-in barndoors
- Fixture includes removable 90° Honeycomb Louver
- Removable Center Mount
- KinoGrip Center Mount
- Lightweight, slim profile
- Mounts to stand, light enough to be hand-held
- FreeStyle Tubes
- FreeStyle LED Features
- Dial-in color temperature control between 2500K-9900K
- Green/Magenta Control
- Hue angle and Saturation adjustments
- RGB control
- FX Control
- Works with Apps with predetermined RGB presets or color wheels
- Can use preset buttons to store custom Kelvin settings
- Light levels do not change when selecting Kelvin settings
- No color shift while dimming
- Color-correct with high color rendering index (CRI 95)
- Universal input 100VAC-240VAC or 24VDC
- Energy efficient, draws 1.25A, 120VAC and 6.25A, 24VDC
- Flicker-free, quiet operation
- Full range onboard and DMX dimming
- DMX wireless link (Lumen Radio®)
- DMX Auto Terminate
The White menu features Dimming, tunable Kelvin range from 2700K tungsten to 6500K daylight and Green/Magenta
control channels. The Green/Magenta control can be scaled from 0- to 100, where 25 = ¼ correction, 50 = ½ correction and
100 = full correction.
In the Gels/Hue menu, the Kelvin range is extended to 2500K Kelvin to 9900K daylight and a fourth channel is called Gel.
The Gel channel includes Kino Flo presets such as blue & green screen, sodium vapor, mercury vapor as well as over 100 well-known lighting gels. The gel function can be applied to any Kelvin temperature and by pushing the control knob in/out, the gel will be applied
or removed. A fifth channel called Hue Angle (Hue) and sixth channel Saturation (Sat) are also included in the gel menu. These two channels behave similar to a traditional color wheel, where white light is in the center and Hue Angle determines the color along a
360-degree range and Saturation determines how much color is applied. With the Hue Angle and Saturation it is possible to create over
2 million color combinations!
The RGB color menu gives individual control of red, green and blue LED’s. The RGB mode is a great way to work with apps with predetermined RGB presets or color wheels. RGB menu is also a great feature to dial in specific gel RGB values or when controlling colors from a DMX desk.
The FX (Effects) menu introduced on June 1, 2018 provides access to popular effects such as Candle, Fire, TV, Police, Lightning, Paparazzi, Pulse and Scroll. When on the desired effect, there are several pre-sets as well as control parameters that can be altered.
For example, in the Lightning effect there is a “Storm” and “Frankenstein” preset, but it is possible to change Rate to provide additional variation.
FreeStyle 140 LED DMX controller
The firmware listed above is loaded onto the FreeStyle LED controller and can operate the Freestyle T44 fixture remotely with a
25ft extension cable. The Freestyle controller (LED-140X), includes standard DMX in/out ports for cable as well as wireless DMX connectivity (Lumen Radio®). The controller features universal AC voltage input 100-240vac (1.25 Amps at 120vac) as well as a
3-Pin XLR for 24vdc operation (6.25A).
The FreeStyle 140 LED DMX controller firmware is updatable from a PC using the Mini B USB data port.
LED Controller - White Mode
• Kelvin presets & custom settings, 2700K-6500K
• Manual & DMX Dimming w/ Auto Terminate
• DMX wireless (Lumen Radio)
• Green/Magenta control
• Flicker-free, quiet operation
• Universal input 100VAC-240VAC or 24VDC
Gels/Hue Color Mode
In addition to White mode features, Gels/Hue Color mode includes access to:
• Extended Kelvin color range 2500K-9900K
• Kino Flo presets and Gels
• Dial in any color through Hue Angle and Saturation control
|LED Fixture Specifications|
|Kelvin Range||Dimming Range||Dimensions||Weight w/ Tubes|
|FreeStyle T44||2500~9900||100%~1%||52 x 13 x 3.5" w/6.5" barndoors
(132 x 33 x 9cm w/16.5cm barndoors)
|LED Controller Specifications|
|6.25A||2500~9900||100%~1%||9.5 x 7.5 x 2.5”
(24 x 19 x 6cm)
- FreeStyle T44 Fixture
- FreeStyle 4ft LED tube (x4)
- Mounting Plate
- FreeStyle Extension
- FreeStyle 140 LED DMX Controller