Sony 70-200mm f/2.8 G SSM II Lens
The Sony 70-200mm f/2.8 G SSM II Lens is a versatile zoom lens covering portrait-length to telephoto perspectives and featuring a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for enhanced low-light shooting and focus control throughout the zoom range.
The Sony 70-200mm f/2.8 G SSM II Lens is a versatile zoom lens covering portrait-length to telephoto perspectives and featuring a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for enhanced low-light shooting and focus control throughout the zoom range. A Super Sonic Wave Motor (SSM) focusing mechanism provides fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance with enhanced tracking capabilities that are well-suited to photographing quickly moving subjects. Also helping to increase focusing speeds is the integration of a Focus Range Limiter, which enables you to set pre-defined limits for the lens to focus within for faster response times. Additionally, when paired with Sony A-mount cameras, in-body image stabilization renders this lens stabilized and supports the use of longer shutter speeds with a reduction in appearance of camera shake.
The optical design employs two extra-low dispersion elements to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range as well as heighten image clarity and overall sharpness. A Nano AR (anti-reflective) coating has also been applied to lens elements in order to reduce lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich imagery and high color neutrality.
- Portrait-length to telephoto zoom lens featuring a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent low-light performance and focusing control throughout the zoom range.
- Super Sonic wave Motor (SSM) provides fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance with enhanced subject-tracking capabilities.
- Focus Range Limiter enables you to preset a defined focusing range for faster, more controlled focusing.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements help to minimize chromatic aberrations and improve image quality and sharpness throughout the zoom range.
- Nano AR coating reduces lens flare and ghosting for higher clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Nine-blade circular diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality that is well-suited to selective focus imagery.
- Compatible with optional 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters for extending the reach of the lens even further.
|Focal Length||70 - 200mm
Comparable APS-C Focal Length: 105 - 300 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Sony Alpha, Minolta AF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||34.3° - 12.3°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.94' (1.2 m)|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front:77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Not Specified By Manufacturer|
|Weight||2.87 lb (1.3 kg)|
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Petal-Shaped Lens Hood
- Carrying Case
- Tripod Collar
- Limited 1-Year Warranty