Sony RM-B170 Handheld remote control unit
The Sony RM-B170 remote control unit is an affordable handheld remote control unit for Sony studio cameras and camcorders.
Looking to Rent?
The Sony RM-B170 remote control unit is the successor to the RM-B150. It provides an even more affordable solution for basic remote camera operations, with added features, including the remote control of media and the operation of clips of non-linear media.
It can be directly connected to a camera or camcorder as a portable-type remote control unit or it can be connected to a CCU for use as a simple remote control panel. The RM-B170 can control a camera from a distance of up to 100m (328 feet) when connected directly to the camera.
For use with the following Sony cameras:
- HDCAM camcorders: HDW-700A, HDW-650, HDW-750, HDW-F900/H/R
- XDCAM HD422Professional Disc camcorders:PDW-680, PDW-700, PDW-F800
- XDCAM HD422 Memory camcorders: PMW-300, PMW-400, PMW-500
- XDCAM EX Memory camcorders: PMW-EX3, PMW-320, PMW-350, PMW-F3
- Digital Cinematography & 4K XAVC :F23, F35, F65, PMW-F5, PMW-F55
- Studio cameras: BVP-950A, BVP-750A, BVP-550/570, HDC & HXC series
|Power requirements||10.5 V to 30 V DC (supplied from the camera)|
|Power consumption||3 W|
|Maximum cable length||100 m (328 feet)|
|Operating temperature||–20 °C to +45 °C (–4 °F to +113 °F)|
|Storage temperature||–20 °C to +60 °C (–4 °F to +140 °F)|
|Mass||Approx. 470 g (1 lb 1 oz)|
8-pin multiconnector (1)
D-sub 9-pin (1)
- Number plate (1)
- Function label (1)
- Special remote control cable 10m
- Operating Instructions
- CD-ROM (including Operating Instructions)